Wednesday, September 19, 2012

POST #8: DAY 3785 OF DOGSCAPE

I'm too tired to continue. Too tired. Too depressed. But I can't just stop. I can't. She's gone. Terri's gone. So is that asshole that kept us here. I still don't want to go on. But I want to tell my story.

It was morning when the Lizardmen came for us. They were led by that bubbly-faced bastard, the Halfling. He had the soldiers lift us by our necks and carry us down the caverns. Terri and I stared at each other in silence for a while, tried to whisper to each other. The Lizardmens' grips grew tighter, and we couldn't breathe, let alone talk. There was a large circular cavern with a large hole in the center. A large mass of lizardmen were standing around the hole. In front of the hole was a large, open maw, lined with rows of sharp jagged teeth and gums. They kind of looked human. It more or less made me shit myself a little.

The huge Lizardmen put us in the dog's gaping mouth. The jaw closed slightly... not enough to gore us, but enough to make sure it would if we so much as moved. But maybe, if you grasped one of the teeth and started working at wiggling it loose...

It was time for Halfling to speak. His Dogflesh side bubbled to the amazement of the Hands of Reptilx. "Yes brothers, stare. Stare into the amorphous mass on my face. It is a curse bestowed on me from my enemies, and a blessing given by the Mother herself! And now she has chosen me as the Prophet of the Hands of Reptilx, the speaker to the Great Dogmother herself! If you look at the two figures in the maw of one of the Dogmother's great offspring, you will see the two scoundrels who have usurped and attacked up on multiple occasions!"

A loud series of hisses mingled with the shrill squeals of agony by the dogs... one dog in particular, who was in the painful process of losing one of its fangs. The Halfling raised his hands in front of the pit. "Now, brethren, it is time to call the Father, one of the greatest children of the Dogmother. We must raise Reptilx itself with the sacrifice of these two heretics!"

Thankfully, I wiggled loose the dog fang and jabbed it viciously into the roof of the dog's mouth. It's jaw opened wide in pain, and then I rushed foward and stabbed the Halfling through the chest with the fang. The Halfling looked down at the fang, back to me, then fell backwards into the pit. I heard something... groan, maybe? It was kind of like what a velociraptor would sound like. I heard the ripping of flesh, and a man's screams overlapping with the agonized yelping of dogs. The Lizardmen who rushed at us when Halfling fell in immediately stopped. Then they all heard the thumps. The Lizardmen scrambled for safety as the thumps got closer.

thump.

Thump.

THUMP.

THUMP!!!

I saw it. A giant lizard thing, which I guess was Reptilx. It had eight heads total, and dozens of tails all over its body. Multiple tongues flickered in and out of the mouths, and hundreds of tiny feet pitter pattered as it scrambled after us. Terri decided to do something. I didn't know what was going on until it's too late.

"Run, Roger!" She yanked out another of the doghead's teeth and jabbed the column of the cavern viciously. I could see eyes now. Large, bulbous eyes, protruding sideways from the head or perched on stiff, green scaled stalks. She stabbed at the column until it lifted from the ground. The ceiling started drooping. She swung the knife in a sweeping arc and took down another column of dogflesh. The dogs started barking and yelping as the ceiling started to collapse.

She looked at me and smiled faintly...

Then she and the Reptilx were trapped under the mass of Dogflesh. I heard the groaning of Reptilx as it fell back into its hole...

I got lost in the caverns somehow. I found a pool of Fishwater. I tried to ignore the flipping tails and fins... the pulsing of the gills that looked like ripples. The eyes staring blankly at me...

I've been travelling in this hell for 8 hours. I don't know if I can sleep, but I'm going to aimlessly shamble and try to get some rest while walking.

...Terri. I never even said...

...I have to get off now.

...Terri...

No comments:

Post a Comment